Do you know what the Google algorithm is and how it works? If you are a Digital Marketer and majorly work on search engines then you must know about Google Algorithms and Google Algorithm Update.
In this post, I will let you know and explain what is Google Algorithm and how it works?
What is google algorithm?
The Google algorithm is a process used by Google to show the SERP(Search Engine Result Pages) rank the resulting web pages for a user-searched query.
Factors used to filter Spam in Search Engine and show better results are called Google Algorithms.
Here, I am going to explain some major Google algorithm that would help you to understand search engine in better ways.
1. Google Panda (24 Feb, 2011) :
Purpose: Google Panda focuses to reward high-quality websites and punish the presence of low-quality websites in Google’s organic search engine results.
How to Stay Safe from Google Panda:
- Do Not practice keyword stuffing, spam, plagiarism. if you do then you will be punished.
- If you make your user happy then indirectly you are making google panda happy.
- Do not practice copy-paste method means Don’t Post Duplicate Content.
2. Google Penguin (24 April 2012) :
Purpose: Penguin impacts the search engine results page (SERP) presence of websites that engaged in manipulative link schemes and keyword stuffing. Basically, penguin Outrank the Sites With Bad Link Profile.
How to Stay Safe from Google Penguin
- Build only genuine Backlinks.
- Build Links from relevant Sites.
- Use the different Anchor Text Every Time.
3. Google Pirate (Oct 2014):
Purpose: Google’s Pirate, designed to punish sites with many copyright violation report, is filed through Google’s DMCA system. Basically, google pirate Punishes the Site with Copyright violation.
How to Stay Safe from Google Pirate
- Don’t Give Any One’s Registered Content without Permission of Real Owner.
- Don’t use anyone’s content on your website
4. Google Hummingbird ( 22 August 2013 )
Purpose: understanding of the intent of searchers’ queries with the goal of matching them to more relevant results. Basically, Understanding Search Intent and Content.
How to Stay Safe from Google Hummingbird
- Use medium tail keywords with Long Tail Keywords.
- Use related searches Keyword in your blog
- Understand the Intent Behind the Keywords.
5. Google Pigeon
Purpose: Google Pigeon, rolled in to give the highest relevant local search result.
How to Stay Safe from Google Pigeon
- Optimize Your Page Properly
- Setup Google My Business page
- Be genuine with your audience (Don’t practice optimizing something and showing something )
6. Google Mobile Friendly (21 April 2015)
Purpose: To Give Boost to Mobile-Friendly Pages
How to Stay Safe from this Update
- Always use a Responsive Design, It’s should render better on all devices
- Optimize Site Speed
- Make Sure to Take Mobile-Friendly Test
7. Google Rankbrain (26 October, 2015 )
Purpose: RankBrain is a component of Google’s core algorithm that uses machine learning to determine the most relevant results to search engine queries. Basically, Use Machine Learning to Provide Relevant Search.
How to Stay Safe from Rankbrain
- Work on User Experience.
- Focus on Dwell Time.
- Improve Bounce Rate.
Whenever Google’s new Algorithm arrives, your website ranking will be Up or Down. Due to which your organic traffic can also be zero. So, you just have to build your audience by using this organic traffic.